6.24.2014

Block

The words have come easier than they do now

and maybe it's because I'm overheating in the basement of my dorm while waiting for the washing machine to finish with my first load of laundry,
and maybe it's because my anthropology textbook is sitting on the coffee table,
unopened,
and maybe it's because I've been thinking more about the attractive boys in my new ward that I haven't really talked to
because I'm good at justifying my antisocial tendencies

but it's probably mostly because I'm scared.

I'm scared that puzzling out my feelings for anyone
or anything
right now
could be potentially painful.

I've never had a high pain tolerance,
so I'm trying to avoid.

Maybe it's because I'm scared that it won't be painful.

Maybe if it isn't painful,
it means I was wrong the whole time.

Maybe I've always been wrong,

and the sun revolves around the earth
and the blue in the maps are the land and we are the ocean
and hearts were meant for only blood
and I've never actually loved
and
and
and
and
and
and I'll get over it
and I'm scared to get over it
and
and


--

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but after reading this post, I just really want you to go listen to "Shadow" by Bleachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will listen to "Shadow" by Bleachers if you listen to "Corsicana" by The Antlers. Deal?

      Delete
    2. deal. i really appreciate the fact that there's not a lot of lyrics, and that they're all really simple. also, i like the fact that the two songs we chose for each other were really basically polar opposites.

      Delete