6.10.2014

I can't see the sky tonight.

I'd be a star if you held my hand.

The kind that burns like your heart
and especially the kind that twinkles.

That's how they like to describe eyes,
but mine are usually called bright
because low light never stopped me from laughing 
and high looks never stopped me from crying.

Lace your fingers between mine and we can walk in a galaxy 
and make promises to the small, small people who smile at the sky.

They smile even after they've given up Love
because they smile at her sister.

They tell me it's because
Hope said "always"
when Love said "maybe"
and I guess that's why Love pulls away
while Hope holds tight.

Her hands are softer, anyway.

--Erin



2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! soooooo goooood!!!! #notaroom #hopesaid"always"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh THis is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Teach me to writeeeeeeeee. #notaroom

    ReplyDelete