5.29.2014

Call me "Reality"

I didn't really feel comfortable staying with Alis' blog. 
I like where I finished with her.
It's like when you say, "It's not you, it's me. I hope we can stay friends."
But she actually understood.

I'm starting new, because I don't think I need to recover myself anymore. 

I've kind of figured it out, and I'm nowhere near who I was before I started this experience.
I thought I was obedient, unquestioning, maybe a little bit snarky.
Alis taught me that I can think for myself and that I don't need to be told who I am.

This blog won't be a list of confessions, though it may seem like it from time to time.

This blog will be my escape.
A place where I can speak my mind and express my discontent and admit how unsure I am about everything because they'd get mad at me for swearing at BYU and I'm not fully sure why I'm going there anymore.

Thanks for letting me change a bit.


I'll probably change a bit more.


--Erin

5 comments:

  1. There's something sad about leaving people behind, even if they were only in your head to start with. It's good to see you're still here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reality. Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First paragraph. You know how to begin a post because you reel me in with the very first lines. PS I was about to buy you a cupcake and balloons for your birthday (a few days late) and bring them over, but then I saw you were in Florida already. Hope you are having the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoever invented Blogs is an escape artist, I'm glad you'll be using the Blogscape universe appropriately. :)

    ReplyDelete