7.24.2014

rep

watercolor eyes bleed through to page 8
mama shakes her head
good refrigerator magnets are hard to come by these days

eighteen year old blood pumps the same as sixteen
even if the brain works the river
not the ocean

running water
running
running

behind your ears
between your lips
against your palms
smiles

falling
falling
falling

by the side of the road
stepped on like leaves

under three year old shoes

washed down the gutter

washing
washing
washing

clutching death like a bottle

watching
watching
watching

bare feet that are better in the rain
clothes that are better on the hanger

watch me hit the ground

sixteen didn't know it
sixteen smiled through the sun
sixteen laughed like the aspens

shit
shit
shit

third person hurts
second person quits
first person can't smell the blood

scratch the skin
until you find what you're looking for

can't
can't
can't

don't feed me the clouds

still
still
still

watch the sky

/
/
/

wait for the angels



--erin



5 comments:

  1. Shit Erin. "Watercolor eyes bleed through to page 8." Watercolor eyes? How the hell do you come up with this stuff? You're so damn original. Sorry I don't know why I'm swearing this much.

    "Even if the brain works the river
    not the ocean." This line really stood out to me. Your phrasing is so unique and your perspective is so you and the concept is ahhhhhmazing and brilliant.

    Also "third person hurts
    second person quits
    third person can't smell the blood"
    And "don't feed me the clouds"
    Like who the heck do you think you are? You're such a genius!!!
    And I get so excited when you comment on my blog but I get worried you won't see if I reply. And you're definitely passing me up in terms of writing. And I got this crazy idea let's collab on a book together?

    And I get back on Sunday. Let's hang out? If you havent moved on with your crazy college lyfe, you crazy college student you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was as long as my posts. I apologize.

      Delete
    2. Hi. I like your long comments. And yes. Text me, you know, if you see this reply, because I feel the same way about replying to comments. But, yes. Provo is boring and I need some Lexi in my life. And also, if you haven't noticed by now, I don't really mind when you swear. Partly because I also swear. But anyways, hi. I don't think it's possible to be any better than you because you are Lexi Sheffield and you are on a level that I can't even see from here. And I'd def be up for a book. Discuss more later. So, anyways, yeah. You're cool. Hope you're having fun on the vacation. Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss.

      Delete
  2. eighteen year old blood pumps the same as sixteen
    even if the brain works the river
    not the ocean

    GIRL

    ReplyDelete